Case study 11 / Mr Joe Gipps, Putney, London
Description of system
The property is a newly built luxury 3 bedroom house in Putney London. The house has been built to very high efficiency standards incorporating a high degree of insulation
We installed a 1.52 kwp solar hybrid system thermal/ photovoltaic system consisting of 8 New Form Energy Volther Powertherm Hybrid Thermal PV panels which both generate electricity and heat the hot water. These high performance panels are combined with with an SMA SB1200 inverter and Resol pump station and control unit The output of the panels are enhanced in high ambient temperatures as heat is used for the hot water circuit.
The panels are mounted in two strings on a south facing roof on the Renusol on roof mounting system .
Performance of system
- Solar pv 1.5 kwp Power Therm 175
- Solar PV predicted output SAP estimated 1201.76 kwh
- Predicted financial yield from FIT based on SAP 2009: £540.79
- Predicted financial yield from FIT and electricity savings and export tariff combined: £654.96 (based on current rate 0.45p kwh systems installed before Dec11 2011)
- Solar thermal SAP output 838.82 kwh/annum
- Savings in conventional fuel at 0.04p = £33.55 without RHI
- Annual yield from RHI at 18p (proposed) £150.98
- Combined RHI and savings: £184.53
- Note: as of July 2012 the RHI is still in the consultation stage and the rate is yet to be confirmed.