Case study 8 / Mr&Mrs Peter Cobley, Clapham, London
Description of system
The property is a refurbished three bedroom semi Edwardian house. Internal walls were insulated using 100mm celotex insulation and the windows replaced with A grade double glazed windows.
Heating provided by a high efficiency Worcester Greenstar condensing boiler. Ground floors insulated and served by high performance underfloor heating throughout. Upstairs served by standard steel panel radiators.
Solar thermal pv system consisting of 6 New Form energy hybrid solar thermal and photovoltaic panels placed in two strings of three panels each on east and west facing roofs. Each string accepted by a Stecca 500 inverter
Water conservation is met by a rainwater harvesting system which supplies water for the garden and the wcs
Performance of system
- Solar pv 0.93 kwp 155wx6
- Solar PV output SAP estimated 679 kwh
- Predicated financial yield based on SAP 2009 £356.48 (based on current rate 0.45p kwh systems installed before Dec11 2011)
- Solar thermal SAP output 912.53kwh / annum
- Savings in conventional fuel at 0.04p = £36.50 without RHI
- Annual yield from RHI at 18p (proposed) £164.25
- Combined RHI and savings: £200.75
- Note – as of July 2012 the RHI is still in the consultation stage ad the rate is yet to be confirmed
"As the owners of a Victorian 2 storey terraced inner London house we have been carrying out extensive repair and upgrading work Complete Plumbing Clean Energy Ltd played a major part.Their standard of work was very good and included the installation of the solar and photovoltaic panels with related pipe-work and equipment as well as the more general plumbing work. The project was completed very satisfactorily and within budget and with the submission of a reference manual listing the work done. On completion the company provided a briefing explain the system and the control methodology. We were very please with the quality work and the helpfulness of all involved."
Peter & Jenny Cobley